Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Woman Of My Word (My Tattoo Reveal)



A few months ago I promised a few, (quite a few in fact) people that after my 100th post on this blog that I would post a picture of my tattoo….can’t believe I am about to do this, (blushing). I got the tattoo last year as a “my son graduated” gift to myself, it was something that I had been thinking about for a couple years and it took me about 2 years to figure out what I wanted. I needed something that was just me, something that no one else had….or would have and something that really had meaning….for me there is little more powerful than words so I knew it would be a written tattoo. I read a bunch of poems, quotes and the like, found a few things and tucked them away.

From there I had my sister’s husband, (who just so happens is an amazing artist) sketch a tree with the words I wanted as branches….it was wicked cool, but a bit wicked, too dark and eerie for my style….I’m no hearts and flower gal but I had to look at this thing for the rest of my life, while I would love to have that sketch framed in a hallway or something it just didn’t fit, and that was another issue, to have it read clear it would have taken my whole back….um, ouch! I was in no hurry and let the ideas wash in and out of my head, then one day it hit me….”A label, I should make my label” and from there it took about a week to come up with the drawing for the artist.


I chose the Pierre Peters label as the guideline, I just love the simplicity of it…everything you need to know is there on the label in beautiful simple script…love that and loved the idea that anyone that would see my tattoo, (which before this moment was hidden beneath my shirt and only seen by those who either see me without my top on, so the hubby or folks I wanted to show it to, which I have to admit was more people than I thought, guess I really do love it) would know what was part of me, part of who I am or what it took to make me….me, at least the me that I was when I got it. So this is what I came up with….

*

*

*

*

*

Photobucket










Please forgive the rolls and stretch marks, (blushing again) but I guess that is all part of me too. So we have Authentique because I pride myself on not being like everyone else…good and bad. There is Non Traditional for obvious reasons to those that truly know me. Jeremy et Carl my son and hubby, the two most important men in my life. The Wine Country because without that store I would never have found my love and passion for wine and writing. Sans Dosage for “No added sweetness” which sums me up a bit and ties into my adoration for Champagne….and it would be my super hero name, you know if I was one…and where I got the name for this blog. Strength In Laughter, my most important lesson in life....things just hurt less, feel better and stay with you longer if you can find the funny in it! In the far corner you can just make out, (in the picture…in real life it is very clear) Beaune Imports my first importer, Beaune was the first to invite me, and take me to France and it was there that I found my voice and overwhelming love of all things French…also met on that trip two people who have sense become my closest friends, Sonya Chun, (our old sales rep who has sense moved on and out of the wine business but remains to this day my closest confidant and one of my absolute dearest friends) and Michael Sullivan, (written about him before but he taught me to fight for what I really want, to speak my mind, to be comfortable in my knowledge and to live each day…really live it).

So there you have it guys, I kept my word….still can’t believe I’m doing this!

No comments: