Monday, April 27, 2009

Wow, Makes Me Feel Kinda Fancy And Stuff



So Friday afternoon I got an email from Tom Wark of Fermentation, (a blog about the wine industry and Tom has been a BIG supporter of wine blogs for years, even started the Wine Blog Awards) asking me if I would be willing to be Bloggerviewed, which is a series of interviews he has been doing on wine bloggers. After making one of those utterly embarrassing, high pitched, girlie sounds I fired an email back saying that I would love to, spent the rest of the day feeling really shocked, (you know that he had even really read this blog) but more than that I felt excited and a bit humbled.

It’s a constant wonder to me why people seem to enjoy my rants, reviews and stories of over indulgence, a warm fuzzy wonder, but a wonder none the less. Now the idea that a bunch of new folks might be viewing for the first time had me freaking out just a bit….sure, people that have been reading for a long time get my style and know that my blog is more about lifestyle and less about hard hitting “educational” articles or spotlights on regions or wineries. They know that Amy is my partner in crime and often the reason I feel like ass the morning after. They know that Call-o is what our almost 3 year old neighbor calls my husband, (Carl) we all love it and call him Call-o all the time now, my longtime readers know all this stuff…but new people….dammit, the more I thought about it the more I freaked out.





I really do wish I was one of those, “whatever, I don’t care what people think” people, in some ways I am….the looks thing I gave up on in high school, can’t fight Mother Nature and the lifestyle stuff, well I really do not care what people think about that, but writing, that is where my soft underbelly lies…getting swiped in that department tends to sting a bit, and now there was going to be a bunch of people that might do just that, (strapping on the armor) “I just won’t read the comments” I told myself as I sent the completed questionnaire back to Tom.




Now I thought it might be a couple of weeks before the Bloggerview would be up, um…yeah, I clicked on Tom’s site this morning and WHAMO my big ass mug was right there…rather shocking early in the morning I really must say. I have to admit that it is unbelievably flattering to be chosen and I had a bunch of fun answering the questions, the whole thing made me feel all special and junk the whole weekend long! So I wanted to thank Tom for, well for reading my too longs posts and for finding something in my crazy ramblings that he thought was worth sharing with others….this wine slinger is truly humbled.

One more quick note to any new comers, I just moved my blog from another spot so many of my photos did not make the move....I've been working on it, (far too slowly) but many of my older posts are sans pictures right now...maybe this will light a fire under my bum!



http://fermentation.typepad.com/fermentation/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm one of those people who "discovered" you today. Congrats! May a reality show that follows you around your store soon follow. I enjoyed reading through your current posts and look forward to reading more. And as a fellow Angelino in the wine biz here, I hope to make it down to the LBC at some point soon. Cheers!

Benito said...

To quote from the soundtrack to The Karate Kid:

Ah you gotta be proud
starin’ out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
and one day time will tell
when you’re the one that’s standing there
you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best! Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best! Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best! Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own


* * *

Congratulations on the celebrity status!

Cheers,
Benito

David McDuff said...

Congrats on the Bloggerview feature, Samantha. Very cool -- and a great picture.

You got right down to business with the last supper question. Something you've thought of before, perhaps?

Samantha Dugan said...

Mr. Wine Bucks,
Well thanks for reading and the very kind comments, I do hope you come down and visit The Wine Country...the LBC is not that far! As for the TV show, I fear cameras might just hinder some of our behavior.


Benito,
You made me snort...we've talked about that before pal. Very funny and sweet.

David,
You have no idea how hard it was for me to include a photo, terribly shy, I wanted to use a photo of Eric Cartman but feared Tom would nix it. I think we have all thought about that last meal question, funny thing is I have always thought, (you know, when I pictured being interviewed...which is all the time of course..eye rolling) that I would say a perfect burger and super crispy fries, funny things come to you ar like 1 am when you are answering some random questions.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read the bloggerview and for posting here.

vickibarkley said...

Great interview! That's also a totally cute picture of you. Unfiltered indeed!
Congratulations! (I've known it all along.)

Samantha Dugan said...

Vicki,
Thanks for checking it out, it was fun and it did make me feel a bit "rock star" yesterday. Who would have thunk the picture would be so comment worthy? Merritt snapped it before the tasting on Saturday. I was going to send him a picture of my tattoo, but thought it might be a little too, "Wine chicks gone wild"....unfiltered, unfined, sans dosage they all sum me up pretty well.