Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Free The Grapes!

Both as a retailer and a citizen I find it appalling that there are restrictions on where I can ship wine. I often ship my wine ahead for vacations and what not, but when I go to visit my son if I were to do just that I would committing a felony...what?! I'm a tax paying grown up and I cant ship wine to myself? I'm not shipping it to 4 year olds people...come on! I comply with the, "Adult Signature Required" stamp and sticker, a grown up has to sign for it and this 37 year old will be drinking it, how is that against the law? Just is I guess.

At least once a day at The Wine Country I have to give the, "It's not us, it's you" speech to people wanting to buy wine from us and have it shipped to their home. Trust me in this cruddy economy I promise you we would love to sell you that bottle or case of wine, but your state wont allow it. They get angry and they should be...it is ridiculous. We tell them to contact their Congressman but that can be a bit of a hassle, but lookie see what I dug up!

Anyone interested in writing their assembly person about wine shipments that really isn't interested in the composing of said letter should visit http://www.freethegrapes.org/index.html where it is all written out for you all you need to do is fill out your information and hit send, super cool huh?
Get your fight on folks.

No comments: