Saturday, October 31, 2009

Still Here




Just in case anyone is wondering or worried, I did arrive home safely, did not hand over my passport and become a ex-pat or anything. Just had to jump right back into work, (the day after I got home) and getting ready for The Wine Country's big Beaune Imports tasting, seriously going to be one of the finest tastings of the year....and between the jetlag, tons of work that was waiting for me and a slowly creeping-up-on-my-ass chest cold I just have not had the time or inspiration to write much, but I'll be back.

I still have more to say than anyone wants to hear, (like most bloggers) have opinions coming out my ass and I'm about to have one hell of a wine week so there will be lots to say, lots to share and plenty of things to write about. Oh on top of that...My Amy is flying in for a visit on Monday, (insert happy dance here..looks a little like Snoopy's dance but with more swing in the hips) so if anything was going to pull my head out of my, "I'm so blah after a wonderful vacation" ass, it's her. Just thought I should let the few regular readers I have, know what's going on let you all know that this blog is not going away......just taking a few days to get caught up!

10 comments:

The Wine Whore said...

Glad to have you back! I know how you feel... it is really hard to get home from traveling and have to get back to work. Especially when all you want to do is sleep, catch up, and tell everyone about your trip!

Cheers!

Samantha Dugan said...

Ms. Whore,
Wow...never typed those two things together before. I think the cold is the biggest issue...NyQuil and writing, not so much the greatest pairing. I get home, feel like poo, take, "The Q" and end up crashing...wake up at like 3:00 AM and feel ucky again...more "Q" and so it goes.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to post, really makes a difference....we bloggers are a needy bunch, nice to know that people are reading and actually care if we are posting or not!

The Wine Whore said...

I think you and I caught the same cold... totally knocked me on my ass. I was so sick, I couldn't even drink wine :( That should say something by itself!

I hope you feel better soon and I look forward to reading all about your trip!

Cheers!

Ron Washam said...

My Gorgeous Samantha,

It's almost embarrassing how much I miss your voice when you have to take a break from your blog. So I reread old ones outloud, sort of like Samantha karaoke, like a rapper. I sound cool.

Do NOT get sick, My Darling. Especially not a chest cold. But if you need a volunteer to rub ointment on it...

I love you.

Your HoseMaster

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron,
Sorry My Love...too late, I am in fact suffering from a chest cold, (You will be the first I call should I need that Vicks rubbing) but I really don't feel horrible or anything, just sleepy from the drugs and like someone is kind of sitting on my chest. Least my sniffer and palate are still okay...sucks when those go.

And, um thank you for missing me and stuff, very sweet of you..the fact that you read my blather makes me very proud, (I know how much you love bloggers) and your comments make me blush. You my friend, you are adorable.

vickibarkley said...

Yay! An epic wine week!!
Amy in town, Beaune people, it's going to be a busy week, kids!!

Amy said...

I will be there in 8 hours. It's sunny and clear here in Dallas, so no worries. Nothing can keep me from getting back to crew.
Love,
Amy

Samantha Dugan said...

Vicki,
You know it girlie!

Amy,
I woke up this morning, (way too early by the way) so excited, feels like freaking Christmas and junk....cannot wait to see you!

Romes said...

Whew, I thought maybe you decided to stay in Europe, as it has crossed my mind every time I'm there. See you Wednesday for the super tasting - I CAN'T WAIT!

Jess

Samantha Dugan said...

Jess,
Cannot wait to see you girlie. Wish I was able to hang after but I am being treated, (or punished, depending on how you feel about hangovers) to dinner by Michael and the French folks. But it will still be wicked cool to see you!