Friday, December 4, 2009

Just Sayin




So I spent a good chunk of the day feeling like poo, there was a person out there, (and I mean out there…who the hell knows where these people are, what brings them in, why they are really reading and commenting) that found my last post snobbish, I just freaking hate that. I don’t hate that they said what they felt, hell that’s why I left it up and responded, but I hate that someone found something I said rude or in some way snobbish, that is so not what I’m about. I was planning on just letting it go, throw up some post to try and bury that last one but…well, that aint me either.

Behavior seems to be the topic of the week, Tiger Woods, White House party crashers…boorish wine store customers, and while I could give a crap about the first two it is my job to care about the last. When anyone disrupts a class, makes the rest of the crowd uncomfortable in anyway, it is my job to nip it in the bud. This person was not singled out for challenging me, this person was singled out for causing multiple disruptions throughout the night….if a man had been so aggressive sexually, made so many crass and off topic comments, in the way they were delivered, (really loud) in this type of setting I think most people would have asked that I make him leave. But this mouthy monster got a bit of a pass because of her gender and people just kept looking at me with those, “Oh My Gawd” eyes all night, it was for those people, the people that dropped sixty-five bones to attend a Champagne tasting and had to endure the, “Shock Jock” all evening…it was for them that I shone my beaming blog light on the beast. The thing I found really telling was the uses of the word, “snob”….if all this had taken place in an English or math class would I still look like a snob?! Telling, really telling. Bring wine into the equation and all of a sudden snobbery is sited, never once knocked her palate or taste in wine…just her behavior.

I waffled back and forth about removing the post and while it does pain me a bit to know someone now thinks I’m a snob….I’ll live with it. This woman clearly wanted attention and I gave her some, her behavior warranted my scorn and if I lose a reader for expressing my distain for people that ruin the night for everyone else…well then, so be it.

5 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

Well said, Samantha, well said. Well, t'is a new day, the sun is bright, the fun customers are rolling in, and so will the good times. Cheers!

Nancy Deprez said...

Oh, and, when you're well liked on the internet, there will always be haters.

vickibarkley said...

Hey, I was there. You were nothing but professional with that customer. And I love sharing a glass with you.
Just Sayin.

Thomas said...

Sam,

As I commented in the other thread--you should not take serious the comment of someone afraid to show his or her identity and also afraid to accept other opinions on his or her blog.

Anonymity is a drawback of the Internet.

Samantha Dugan said...

Amy,
Welcome and Thank you, I have the same policy.

Nancy,
It is a new day and I feel so much better speaking my piece and being done with it.

Vicki,
You and I have many more glasses in our future.

Thomas,
Once again you are correct, not sure why it hit me so hard yesterday...I am a lot softer than people tend to think I am. On to more important things!