Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Best Alone? Deadline Re-Post



Sharing.....



So okay, I know I share a bunch of stuff here in this space, you all know far more about me than I am guessing you would like. I stand before you naked time and time again, my life, my friendships, my overindulgence…my heart; it is all out here on display for you all to read in between my miscellaneous wine posts or rants about this and that. Not sure if that brings you closer or runs you off, guessing it is a bit of both. Some stay, follow me along in my quest and self-exploration and others will flee in search of something more wine focused. I get it and don’t blame the ones that bail, adore the ones that stay and support me on my baby-legged stumble to find my voice in this big wine blogging world. For those that stay I continue to share, share my stories, my inspiration and myself…the only thing I really have to give to thank you all, all those fingers in my back, those eyes on me, that drive that pushes me to continue talking, oozing, waxing rhapsodic about whatever it is that bounces into this wacky head of mine…











So this evening, all alone in my home, I started thinking about sharing, how lovely, how codifying, how powerful it is but….sometimes, well sometimes it’s better alone. I’m willing to confess that sometimes pleasure is best served for one…especially when you are serving yourself.



Don’t go acting all shocked, don’t act like you don’t do it too, I know you do..you all do, we all do, and sometimes there is nothing better than the pleasure one can derive than that from one’s own hand, one’s own voice and from one’s own purring sounds. Sure, the Internets assist, they lead us, toy with us; make us think of things that we might not have considered on our own. Offer scintillating photos of what we want, what we secretly ache for, make our mouths water for, “Just a taste” and then we are left to our own devices…our own will, our own want. Tonight I “wanted” more than I have in a very long time….alone or not, I was going to, have…take, and fucking feel…what I wanted, me and me alone.

 


To be alone with your, self seduction, the way you can feel the little hairs stand up on the base of your neck, the way the skin around your most sensitive parts seem to constrict, tighten and the way that feeling runs up the base of your spine. To have a room so silent that you can hear the groan of pleasure escape your lips, how sexy that echoing silence can be. Just you, your thoughts, your will, your want, your need…your nose caught up in the cacophony of scent, your palate wildly flicking away…bouncing, fighting to taste every last drop, the way your throat seems to expand to take it all in. There is nothing like it. Sharing is sweet, it’s wonderful but this feeling…unlike any other.


 

So tonight I pleasured myself, I’m not afraid to share that here. It felt fantastic, my hairs erect, my throat open, my heart open and me here, with all of you…exposing myself once again, sharing my self exploration with you. I opened a bottle of 2000 Paul Chapelle Meursault and drank the whole damn thing…alone. No one in my ear yammering about texture, length or premature oxidation, just me…alone in my library smelling home. Face washed, jammies on, little hairs tingling the base of my neck…

 

Great wine is best shared with people that can appreciate it, I have to agree….for the most part, but once in a while, there is nothing that can compare or compete with the knee weakening, heart pounding…….head spinning pleasure that can be had with a night of, “self pleasurevation”…

10 comments:

webb said...

Sometimes you just have to share with yourself. Sounds like a good call.

Ron Washam, HMW said...

My Love,
Yes, but did you wash your hands afterward?

I hope not.

And I'm loving re-posts, here and at my stupid blog. Always better the second time.

Samantha Dugan said...

Webb,
Right?! At times there's nothing better.

Ron My Love,
Only one way to find out...smell my finger. Always wanted to say that...

Yeah just one more thing I copied from you, the rerun, now if you could just get me to go hiatus everyone will be happier! I love you.

Unknown said...

dang.
last time i pleasured myself was with a $7 merlot from trader joe's.
not nearly as sexy

Samantha Dugan said...

Gabe Ma' Dear,
Sometimes you have to give it to yourself rough, no one here's judging.

John M. Kelly said...

If it was good the first time, you are pretty much assured it will be good the second time. That's what I tell my customers when they come back for a bottle they liked, what I tell my lover when we get into the 10K realm, and what I NEVER need to tell myself.

Samantha Dugan said...

My Beloved Mr. Kelly,
Well you are all confident and junk and that in of itself, well we've talked about that before. Oh and of the three listed kid, Me thinks you are, or might be, the least difficult to convince. Thanks for visiting me darlin'.

Sara Louise said...

If I can get my husband out of the house, I like to treat myself to a little date with me. That means I cook myself something delicious, listen to the music that I want to listen to (no French gangsta rap) and then open up the best bottle of wine in the house and I don't even share a sip. It's bliss.

Samantha Dugan said...

Sara,
Yeah, pretty tired of being made to feel like I should feel bad about that....are you fucking kidding me?! I lie in wait and devour. I share so, no, too much, sometimes I need to touch and respond to me and me alone. So I feel ya girlie....so in place of rap, whatcha popping in the cd player?

Anonymous said...

Leonard Cohen and Bonnes Mares.