So now that the newsletter needs are off my shoulders I had some time to really look at the results of the survey I posted, okay okay…I looked before now, matter of fact I was damn near compulsive the first day or two, but with deadline breathing down my neck I let myself check, less. Now that I have some real time to look it over, and read the emails from those of you that wanted to see the results, (guess I’m not the only nosey one) I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post the findings. So the one thing I noticed was that many of you opted to fill in the blanks as it were, gotta tell ya…I was pretty touched by some of the things that were said, really touched, don’t know what I did to deserve such praise, would do it again in a second because that felt really damn good. Thank you all for taking the time, it does help and I will be taking some of the suggestions into consideration, (that’s fancy talk for, “thanks for stuffing my suggestion box and I aint gonna change much”) but for the most part it seems like people seem to like this silly blog and for a girl like me, that is a truly heartwarming thing.
I cannot address all of the things posted, like I said most of you opted to fill in the blanks but there were one or two people that pointed out my…um, lack of grammatical understanding, and to that I can only say, “Who the hell are ya tellin?!” I suck dudes, I know. The one thing I will say in my defense is that I was a horrible student that is when I was a student. I was kicked out of Poly High, (source of great pride when I was younger…much less now) in the 10th grade so the last grade I completed was the 9th and even then I rarely went to school. There is a whole world of shit that I never cared to learn, (again much cooler when you are like 16 than now) so those of you that read even though you must be cringing…I adore you for that. I’m not a writer, I’m just some chick that writes her mindless crap, throws it up and for some reason people read it, again I adore you for that.
I have to address the one person that responded to tell me that they read weekly but pretty much have no use for anything I write and would like to run into me, “never” I just have to ask, “Why are you reading?” I’m not upset and appreciate you taking the time to share your displeasure with me and my rambling but, why put yourself through it? Fuck, if I didn’t have to listen to me I wouldn’t and when it comes to reading blogs…you don’t have to. Save yourself, run!
Okay so on to the results…
1) I read Samantha Sans Dosage Because: Other was the winner here. 45.5% of you opted to add your personal reason, (melted kids, I melted) Drunk chicks are funny got 30.3% of the votes Wine reviews got 24.2% Customer at The Wine Country and HoseMaster tied with 12.1% I had 2 because she is my soul mate on this one…
2) The one thing I would like to see more of: Rants & Vetos took first place here with 45.5% Other got 30.3% Wine reviews got 18.2% Personal stories got 6.1% Wine business news got a big fat donut Got a few, “More banter with HoseMaster”, got quite a few, “More pictures of Sam” (not happening by the way) Got lots of, “Don’t change a thing” and one request for erotic fiction…
3) I read Samantha Sans Dosage: Daily got 51.5% Alerted to new posts got 18.2% Weekly got 12.1% Rarely got 3.0% Other got 15.2 and can I say, I loved the person that said hourly.
4) I don’t comment because: Other took it here at 57.6% Don’t know what to say got 30.3% Other posters got 3.0% Don’t care got 3.0% My favorites in the other department, (aside from the total pervy one..and I know who you are!) were, “I’m afraid you might take a swing at me” and “Eh, I’m just not that interesting”
5) I started reading Samantha Sans Dosage because (and yes I am tired of typing my own name now) She made me laugh got 42.4% Drunk chicks are funny got 39.4% I like French wine got 33.3% I feel like I know her got 30.3%
6) I found Samantha Sans Dosage, (Ugh) through: Other took it with 39.4% Peter Leim took a few, Wine Country customers took some.. Fermentation took 33.3% HoseMaster got 13.3% The Wine Country website got 9.0% The Pour got 3.0%
7) If I could change one thing about Samantha, (sigh) Sans Dosage: Other took 54.5 % More wine porn got 27.3% Less personal crap got 12.1% Less photos got 6.1% Content got a goose egg My favorite, “other” comments were, “Move her closer to me so we can have lunch”, and I swear I had like 20, “don’t change a thing”…awe, melting…that’s me melting.
8) I am: A wine lover took it with 63.6% In the business got 27.3% Not sure what I’m doing here got 15.2% Other got 12.1% Not that into wine but still a reader got 6.1% Favorite other there had to be the confession to blog reading OCD
9) I think, (here we go again) Samantha Sans Dosage offers: An interesting voice took it with 57.6% Other got 21.2% A giggle got 15.2% Interesting wine reviews got 6.1% Favorite others had to be, (again aside from the pervy..and I still know who you are) “A complete view of life, love, wine and friendship” and “A cool, humorous & touching look into the life of someone that has a lot to say”
10) I would like to run into Samantha: Bar took it at 51.5% Other got 36.4% The Wine Country got 21.2% An alley got 12.1% Never got that one vote… Favorite others, (again aside from the not as pervy but not fit for everyone to see) “At a bistro in Beaune” “frequently” that made me laugh my ass off, and there were lots of anywhere and everywhere ones…again, melting.
So there you have it, the results are in and I would once again like to thank everyone that took the time to participate…fascinating really and it was really cool to hear what everyone thinks. It means the world to me that you all read my silly crap, it fills me, pushes me and makes me want to be better at it, for me and for all of you.
I’ve always said that I’m not about the coco, berries and cherries. North facing slopes and drainage mean dick to me…I can speak it when need be, but it’s not what moves me. It’s the human side of wine, the way it feels in your mouth, the way a smell in a wine can stimulate a long lost memory, the way the back of your neck gets warm after the 3rd glass and the way people come together, share pink faced confessions over one too many glasses, that is what gets me going, lights that fire in my belly and keeps my thumping away at my wheezing little laptop…knowing that at least a few other people can find a kinship, something funny or at the very least interesting in that…stuns me, inspires me and makes me unbelievably grateful, thank you from the bottom of my wine soaked heart.