Thursday, December 16, 2010

Where I Live....Like Really Live



A quick peek, a virtual tour of The Wine Country. The place where I found my voice, the bounce in my step and fell in love in a way I never thought possible. The store where I work. The place where I let my palate and memory play, where we all learn and where, on occasion, I teach. This is a home to me like no other I have ever know.

I flip on the lights in the morning and think, "Hello beautiful, let's make them squirm, let's make them want..." and as the faces I have seen time and time again filter through the door, their lists in hand, their "Oh you helped me last time" resting like fingers in my back, push us to keep finding wines that keep them coming back for more. ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADdgG5SEcUY&feature=player_embedded

5 comments:

webb said...

Wow, Sam! What a wine shop - more like a wine mall! Nothing in this area is anything like that. The best ones are 1/10 your size, and most are more like the wine department at Kroger - which actually has some good wines and a knowledgeable manager.

thanks for showing me how the other half lives!

Samantha Dugan said...

webb,
I am just so proud of the place when the video was made available I thought I would share, (brag) it here with those of you that are not close enough to visit. Now when I talk about the store or the tastings or what have you, you will now be able to picture it. Thanks for checking it out!

Ron Washam, HMW said...

My Gorgeous Samantha,

What a fantastic tour with the dulcet tones of Randy to guide us. Or, wait, wasn't that James Suckling?! Yes, I know it was! That was Suckling wasn't it? Or do all owners of wine shops sound like they're suckling...

And I loved the Wall of Rombauer, as well as the bronze statue of Robert Parker being kicked out of Burgundy. Nice touch.

What it needed was a cameo by YOU! Or at least some of your regular shoppers wandering the aisles. The place looked emptier than a Sarah Palin speech.

I love you!

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron My Love,
If it were a commercial I would agree about having people in the shot but it's a tour of the store and I think having anything to focus on other than the wines and the store serves as more of a distraction. So this time Baby, have to disagree with you. Still love you though! Now get down here so we can kiss and make up!

Sara Louise said...

Move over Disneyland... I've found a new happiest place on earth! Holy Moses! That's one fantastic home away from home Sam! It's seriously impressive! xo