Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nope, Not A Fan




Zip zip zip....

The sound of a suitcase being closed. I love that sound. It means either I am about to see something new or I'm heading home. Both feelings elicit a heart pounding excitement in me so the zip-zip-zip is good. Unless.....


Zip zip zip.....


The sound of someone else leaving. I hate that sound. I was lucky enough to have the baby home for Christmas and I am beyond grateful for that but, still it aches when it's time to let him go. I offered to write him a, "Please excuse" note for work and school but dammit if he isn't all sensible and junk.

Thankfully I am working today so I will not be subjected to the teary goodbye at the airport, will just have to give my hugs and "I'll miss you" in the living room where we spent many hours talking, cuddling and laughing. I think this is much better for me....




His name is Jeremy Dugan and should you happen to run into him, say hello, talk to him, listen to him. He is an incredibly intuitive young man. A smart, funny, gentle, sweet, sarcastic, genuine soul. Say hello and tell him that his mother is so very proud to know him...

5 comments:

Michael Hughes said...

He's blessed to have a mother so loving & adoring.

Ron Washam said...

My Gorgeous Samantha,

Yeah, gotta love that Zip Zip Zip sound. It's some sort of code.

Wasn't it Shakespeare, in the voice of Romeo's Juliet, who wrote, "Parting is such sweet sorrow.."? And, truly, without the heartwarming sweetness of your maternal love there wouldn't be so much sorrow. There are times sadness is a reflection of a life properly and beautifully lived.

I know that one day I'll get to meet Jeremy. He'll be disappointed, but I'm sure that I'll be impressed.

I love you.

Samantha Dugan said...

Michael,
No, pretty sure I am the lucky one.

Ron My Love,
Gotta say this ache is the only downside to being so close to your child, worth it but damn it stinks when you are in the middle of it. I do hope that you and Jeremy meet one day, I know he would adore you as much as I do. Thank you for the sweet comment you wonderfully sweet man. I love you.

Val said...

Lucky son, you have - I hope Jeremy had a good flight (minus so many of those 'asshats') and your New Year's Eve is somewhat rockin'! Nice to meet you this year in the blogosphere, and hopefully someday over a glass of something that is neither 'hooker juice' or 'ChocoVine.' Best of 2011 to you, the hubby, and Jeremy!

Samantha Dugan said...

Valerie,
Has been a pleasure reading and getting to know you a bit this year. Your comments crack me up and your spirit, well it's feels like kin. Jeremy did make it home and it seems as if there were far fewer jackholes driving him batshit on the way...hooray.

Happy Holidays to you lady and is too hope you and I will share a bottle of something not at all wretched.