Sunday, January 29, 2012

Deadline Blues....

Writers Block
Deadline
Not enough time to do all that I need to get done
Touch and talk with the people that want and need me
Wanting to be touched and needing back
Tired
Burnt out
Guilty feeling deep in the pit of my stomach
Unable to keep an idea in my head long enough to flesh it out
Daydreaming about having my own flesh...outed
Bit of helplessness 
Bunch of frustration...
But,

This picture made me smile
And realize that sometimes, it really is that simple.
Just hoping you all send me your collective good ju-ju
Kisses
Until....
Me

4 comments:

Ron Washam, HMW said...

You're the most talented writer I know, Love. Your worst ideas are better than 98% of what's out there. Trust your talent. Writer's block is about a quest for perfection, and the fact that it's a quest doomed to failure makes one simply give up.

Your talent won't let you down. But inspiration is rare. Just do the work. Some days writing is easy, the words flow from some hidden and miraculous place. But most of the time it's dreary and frustrating and difficult. Especially when you care.

I'm sending you all my Love and all Our Heart. If I had any ju-ju, I'd sent that too. I've got doo-doo, will that help?

I love you!

Romes said...

So just remember that once upon a rime, Travis Roma said "Wow Sam, you are a really great writer" and you thought he had read your blog, but he hadn't, had only just read his first Wine Country Newsletter fifteen minutes earlier in the car. You have it in you, just start typing and the words will come sooner or later. And don't follow my lead with the never ending sentence!

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron My Love,
The one thing I can always trust is your ability to make me feel better. Thanks Love. Can't imagine what I would do without you.

Jess,
Oh man, I'd forgotten that moment with Travis. Was so very sweet of him to say. One would think I would be able to get over this, especially seeing as it happens every damn month now but still, he I am, late and feeling like shit. Stinks but your sweet words help girlie.

webb said...

You "don't gotta" write every day. Sometimes there is just too much else going on to relax and write. It's there, Girl. Just let it be and it will come. You got all my juju - for sure.